28/04/2008

Liminal Spaces - Bettina Wind

PRÁTICA PROFISSIONAL MESTRADO EM ARTE E DESIGN PARA O ESPAÇO PÚBLICO
MESTRADO EM ESCULTURA
FACULDADE DE BELAS ARTES
UNIVERSIDADE DO PORTO


In a great part of my work I use subjective cartography and collective mapping as techniques to explore and reflect on relations in social, spatial and conceptual pheres. My maps and mappings do not necessarily depict an environment but try to follow lines of itinerary thoughts and contextual knowledge of persons and texts I am in exchange with.
Professional networks, translocal imagination and concepts of State/state are three interconnected fields I am particularly interested in.
At the moment I work with two terms that connect inside and outside spaces. Our collaborative series “State of Translocality” (initiated 2006 together with the artist Alexandra Ferreira) will deal with those in its upcoming project: the liminal and/or marginal space of a state/a city. Referring to these concepts that are being used in urban, political and anthropological studies I would like to reconstruct some examples of my work.
BETTINA WIND, Artista
Liminal Spaces
SESSÕES ABERTAS A TODOS OS INTERESSADOS
30 de Abril 2008 14h
Auditório Pavilhão Sul

No comments: